Enter and Elevate

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Bible Journey: Galatians

For the last 4 weeks of the year I am trying to make a concerted effort to spend time in God's word everyday for 4 weeks straight. This first week I have been reading the Book of Galatians each day and I have been floored the insight that Paul offers to the people in that church that is so important to my season of ministry right now. We are calling this season the "yard work season" as we are pulling weeds and planting seeds. The church of Galatia needed to be reminded that the truth of the gospel was to set us free and not to enslave us, but to lead to towards Jesus and toward living out His love towards others. As Paul struggled with the people being quick to cause division and segregate themselves off into groups, I was reminded of the relevance of the Scriptures. As a Student's Pastor, high school students are quick to segregate and define themselves at odds with each other, and I was reminded that "in Christ there is neither slave, nor free, male or female." I yearn to grow to be like Paul, as one who can challenge people to seek the gospel of Christ alone, and not just whatever anyone says, and to seek the approval only of God, and not seek the approval of others which will distract me from the mission that God has placed be fore me. Next week its on the Ephesians...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home