Enter and Elevate

Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm Confused...

Well if you saw the game today, you know what I am feeling!! If you know me at all, you know that the New England Patriots have been my all time favorite team since I was like 8, which was before they were any good! And as I celebrated them being the "Team of the Decade" after winning 3 Super Bowls in the last 5 years, I was confusingly crushed to see them beat the San Diego Chargers. I not a normal home town favorite kind of fan, but for some reason, maybe because my wife is from San Diego, and one of her best friends is a Charger Girl, I found myself taking a liking to the Bolts this season. (It didnt hurt that they had the best record in the NFL!) I really tried not to be a fair weather fan, but it was hard not to root for them when it felt like they were overcoming all odds to win!

Then Sunday happened, and while the Charger were not totally outplayed, it was so sad to see them loose it for themselves at home, when they were my favored team to win the Super Bowl this year. It was an absolutely horrible game, on both sides. The first half Tom Brady could get the Pats past the 30 yard line, and the Chargers kept dropping the ball and letting their emotions get the best of them. Even with LT, the rest of the Charger dug themselves into a deep enough hole that it was difficult to recover. Also pray for the kicker... I dont know how to spell his name... I hope he doesn't blame himself. It hurt to see the Patriots get the best of the Charger players. But now that my grieving period is over, I am pulling for my Boston Boys again to go all the way. They will need to step it up big time if they hope to beat the Colts this weekend, which has enjoyable irony with the Colts signing Vinatieri, filling the only real hole in their offense. However, the Patriots defense should hopefully hold the Colts back enough so that Adam is the only one scoring. If they can do that then they should be able to win. Also it would be nice for the Saints to beat the Bears (sorry to all my Midwest friends, I know what I just hoped for is heresy and I will burn forever in Hell for it, but oh well...) because it would be nice for the Saints to have a cool comeback season after Katrina last year... and because they would be easier to beat than Chicago. I totally respect Urlacher, but lets be honest... the man is scary! Anyway my predictions are as follows:

Bears over Saints 35 - 21
Patriots over Colts 21 - 14

Super Bowl:
Bears over Patriots 31 - 28

But I'm pulling for my boys all the way!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home